Important information before departing for Kolonie
at Camp Vista:
1. Please arrive at Camp Vista at the designated timeframe:
- Last names beginning with A-L - 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Last names beginning with M-Z - 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM
This is, of course, a recommendation that simplifies the arrival and registration process. However, there will not be an issue if the last names at the end of the alphabet arrive earlier.
Each piece of luggage – suitcases, personal items, backpacks, wallets – brought by a child should be tagged with child's first and last name.
2. Upon arrival at the checkpoint at Camp Vista:
- Questions may be asked about the child(ren)’s health.
- Parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter/use the campground or facilities.
- The >> Pre-Camp-Health-Screening << will be collected from parents/guardians. Please print and fill out this form prior to arrival.
3. Immediately after the check-in, children will go take the swimming test. We ask parents to have their child(ren) in their swimsuit(s) upon arrival. We understand that some swimwear may be uncomfortable to wear during the commute. If this is the case, please have the child(ren)’s swimsuit(s) readily available to change upon arrival. After the swimming test, campers will go to their cabins to shower and change for the rest of the evening.
4. One crucial policy is that children and youth (campers, JCs and volunteers) do not have mobile phones for the duration of their stay at Camp Vista. This is a crucial policy because it allows your children to fully experience the environment they are in. There have been many unpleasant experiences resulting from the possession of mobile phones by children/youth during Kolonie. If the cell phone is not left at home/with a parent, it will be collected at the checkpoint and returned upon departure. Children will be able to call home from the Camp Vista office phones. From time to time, we will inform parents/guardians online about what is happening during Kolonie.
5. During you child(ren)’s stay at Camp Vista, we ask parents/guardians to only call our office regarding crucial matters.
Our office will contact parents only in these scenarios:
(a) HEALTH: If the child has an accident/injury, is ill, etc.
(b) CONDUCT/BEHAVIOR: If the child is not cooperative and his/her behavior threatens the safety/rest of other children at Kolonie.
In other words, “no news = good news”
6. A helpful list for packing children for Kolonie: >>Packing list<<
7. This season the new Vista Chapel will be used by campers.
8. This year we will have an even wider selection of Camp Vista Apparel that is a very popular collection among campers. We will have our Camp Canteen and Camper's Cafe open throughout the week. We suggest that campers bring about $50-$70 of personal spending money for souvenir or snack purchases.
9. Camp photos will be available to purchase on CD or USB drive for $15. If you are interested in purchasing photos, you will be able to order them at camper check-in. Please prepare the payment for the photos in an envelope with your child's first and last name.