Important information before departing for Kolonie
at Camp Vista:
1. Please arrive at Camp Vista at the designated timeframe:
-Last names beginning with A-L à 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM
-Last names beginning with M-Z à 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM
This is a suggestion that simplifies the arrival and registration process. However, there will not be an issue if the last names at the end of the alphabet arrive earlier.
Each piece of luggage – suitcases, personal items, backpacks, wallets – brought by a child should be tagged with the child's first name and last name.
2. We kindly ask parents/guardians to refrain from stopping at various public places or restaurants while driving to the campground. Restaurants and areas alike are places where there is a heightened risk of exposure to COVID-19, which can then be unintentionally brought to Camp Vista. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
3.Upon arrival at the check-point at Camp Vista:
- The child(ren)’s temperature(s) will be measured.
-Questions may be asked about the child(ren)’s health.
-Parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter/use the campground or facilities.
-The >> Pre-Camp-Health-Screening << will be collected from parents/guardians.
4. Immediately after the check-point, the children will go to the swimming test. We ask parents to have their child(ren) in their swimsuit(s) upon arrival. We understand that some swimwear may be uncomfortable to wear during the commute. If this is the case, please have the child(ren)’s swimsuit(s) readily available to change upon arrival. After the swimming test, the children will go to their cabins to shower and change for the rest of the evening.
5. One crucial policy is that children and youth (campers, JCs and volunteers) do not have mobile phones for the duration of their stay at Camp Vista. This is an important policy because it allows them to fully experience the environment they are in. There have been many negative instances resulting from the possession of mobile phones by children/adolescents during Kolonie. If the cell phone is not left at home/with a parent, it will be collected at the check-point and returned upon departure. Children will be able to call home from the Camp Vista office phones. From time to time, we will inform parents/guardians online about what is happening during Kolonie.
6. During you child(ren)’s stay at Camp Vista, we kindly ask parents/guardians to only call our office regarding crucial matters. Our office will contact parents only in these scenarios:
(a) HEALTH: If the child has an accident/injury, is ill, suspected of being infected with COVID-19, etc. and
(b) CONDUCT/BEHAVIOR: If the child is not cooperative and his/her behavior threatens the safety/rest of other children at Kolonie.
In other words, “no news = good news”
7. A helpful list for packing children for Kolonie: >>Packing list<<
8. Our chapel will serve the children this year. While the chapel is more than 85 percent completed, we still have remaining debt to pay for the construction of the chapel. If you would like to make a donation, please >> CLICK HERE <<.